Pettavel Road Beer
We worked with Mt Duneed Estate to create a craft beer and cider range called Pettavel Road.
- The brand needed to convincingly convey authentic craft beer cues, whilst not actually being brewed onsite
- The range needed to be appealing to a wide demographic- we chose approachable ales + a cider
- The brand needed to support the Mt Duneed Estate premise (premium, family-friendly hospitality at a winery just outside of Geelong) - choosing the right name & imagery was critical
- The brand also needed an appealing narrative - we created stories about the animals of the property, and made them icons for each variant
- We developed the brand strategy and marketing plan
- partnered the client on brew selection and packaging requirements
- created the brand story and copywrote the narrative on the packaging, print and radio ads
- directed a photoshoot + drove PR.
- We also guided Ivy St Advertising on brand design
EXAMPLE OF COPYWRITING
"Pettavel Road winds though the Barrabool Hills on the way to Mt Duneed Estate. It’s also home to the animals we celebrate on our craft brew labels.
Our Apple Cider features our roaming rabbit, Thomas. Thomas (and Australia’s entire rabbit population) descends from rabbits released near our farm in 1859...coincidentally the same year that Victoria’s first apple orchards were planted.
Today, we select only the finest handpicked fresh Victorian apples to be gently crushed and cold fermented, resulting in our crisp, delicious cider.
So, cheers to Thomas, apples, 1859 and sheer coincidence!"