Geelong Mums Local Love Project
Excited to launch this new campaign next week!
Over the last few months, Passionfolk has brought together a team of people who've generously given their time, skills and lots of enthusiasm. Why? We want the people of Geelong to spread some local love this Mothers Day.
Just buy a Geelong Mums Local Love Project candle. Handmade by boutique brand Torch Soy Candles, each of these gorgeous Mothers Day gifts will raise $10 (100% of the profit) toward making life a little easier for the mums in our community experiencing hardship.
Sadly, hundreds of families in our community face significant challenges every day. Geelong Mums, a 100% volunteer-run organisation, exists to give them a hand by providing cots, prams, clothes and other essential baby equipment. All items are distributed via case workers and maternal health centres.
The Geelong Mums Local Love Project aims to raise $5,000. The funds will help the organisation to move out of a tiny storage shed into a bigger facility with the capacity to help even more local families.
- Hand-crafted Torch Soy Candles created a divine limited edition candle featuring a grapefruit and chamomile fragrance. Gift-boxed with 40+ hours burn time, it really is the perfect Mothers Day present.
- Renowned Jan Juc artist Jenny Laidlaw hand-painted the beautiful label artwork
- The Sticker Company printed and donated the labels
- PhotoArt shot the beautiful campaign images
- Gorgeous new lifestyle store Ampersand in Pakington St will sell the candles and pass on 100% of the profit
- Geelong Mums will sell the candles at their drop off days, schools and on their website
- Passionfolk devised the campaign and made it all happen
TO JOIN IN:
Just buy a beautiful candle for $25 from Geelong Mums (details on their website and their Facebook page) or visit Ampersand at 1/138 Pakington St, Geelong West or Le Neik Hair, 95 Nicholas St, Newtown. Follow Geelong Mums on social media to watch our community joining in and spreading the love this Mothers Day!
You can also help out in other ways. If your kids have outgrown their clothes, toys and baby equipment such as prams, car seats and cots (and they're still in great condition), you can donate them to Geelong Mums at a drop off day. Or you can volunteer with Geelong Mums, packing items into beautiful gift bags to be rehomed. Simply check out geelongmums.org for details.